Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earthquake.. this is not a drill

Let me start by saying.. Pulling an all night is NEVER a good idea. It was about 2 am, me and tina were both up still doing homework, and watching TLC.. of course. I then had what i thought at the time was a brilliant idea; to pull an all nighter. If i knew then, what i know now.. I promise you i would have been nestled snug in my bed at 12 like a good student. Around 4 am, i would have loved to have gone to sleep.. i was at the point of no return though and if i would have gone to sleep then, there is no way i would have woken up for spanish at 8 this morning. On a brighter note, we finished ALL of our homework, went and worked out at 6, and then ate breakfast at 7.. sounds like a good deal right? WRONG. 8:30 spanish rolled around, and i thought i was going to die. NEVER pull an all nighter, especially when you don't have time to sleep the next day, and definitely don't do it when nothing you're working on is due the next day.. over achiever i know.
Now let's us talk about what happened after that. I was sitting in spanish minding my own business, when all of a sudden the building started shaking. I am from Texas, i've never once in my life had to worry about an earthquake. That was the last thing i suspected it to be. I actually thought it was a bomb at first, i grabbed my backpack and was about to make a run for it before the building fell to pieces(dramatic i know). I soon realize it was "just" an earthquake, as my teacher put it. What is wrong with these people? Just an earthquake, i was ready for school to be cancelled for the day. Instead we carried on with our spanish lesson, what a bust. Well considering i've gotten 9 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours.. i think it's time for me to call it a night!

3 comments:

  1. Lets add the part about us both feeling like we were going to die, eating and then getting sick..great idea college kids

    -Stina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are so funny and you are corrct all nighters are not fun... Now you know how mommy feels 5 out of 7 days when my ambian doesnt work lol. And i'm with you they should have declared it a natural desaster and you should have got to come home for atleast a week to make sure all was safe....
    Love, mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. next time i'll use spell check....

    ReplyDelete